One of the most anticipated races of the year is coming up this weekend, as the Bristol Dirt Race is scheduled for Sunday afternoon. The weather will determine whether that actually happens or not.
The Cup Series held two practice sessions on the half-mile dirt track on Friday, and then there are four heat races scheduled for Saturday evening to determine the starting lineup. If those heat races get rained out, NASCAR will revert to the qualifying formula to set the starting lineup.
With virtually no previous data to go off of, and no similar data to pull either, I’m not going to lie, I’m not super excited about this race from a fantasy or betting perspective. We’re all just kind of semi-educated darts and hoping they land. Still, I’ll be putting out most of my normal content, just on a more condensed basis. Here’s a timeline for what to expect:
- Algorithm Predicted Finishing Order on Saturday immediately after starting lineup is set
- DraftKings projections post (maybe a couple picks) on Saturday night / early Sunday morning
- FanDuel projections post (maybe a couple picks) on Saturday night / early Sunday morning
- DFS video – TBD but not guaranteed (50/50 chance)
- DFS optimal lineup post on Saturday night / early Sunday morning
- Slingshot article on Saturday night (more about strategy than actual picks)
- Slingshot video – TBD but not guaranteed (50/50 chance)
- Best Bets on Sunday morning
The normal content schedule will continue at Martinsville after the Easter off-weekend.