Now that we have gotten through Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years, nearly every racing fan is now turning their attention on to the 2022 NASCAR season. The highly anticipated Busch Light Clash at the Coliseum in Los Angeles is only a month away, and then the series kicks off Speed Weeks at Daytona on Wednesday, February 16 with Daytona 500 qualifying followed by the Duels the next day and then “The Great American Race,” the Daytona 500, on Sunday, February 20.
This time of year (early January) is also the time of year when the Fantasy NASCAR community, especially me here at Fantasy Racing Online, starts to get the ball rolling and start getting ready to get the new season up and running. I have been getting many emails and social media messages already asking when everything is going to be ready to go, which is awesome to see so many people ready for another year. With that being said, here is the status of everything here at Fantasy Racing Online for 2022:
Status of NASCAR Fantasy Games in 2022
- There will be no games offered in 2022 by Fantasy Racing Online. I know this is going to disappoint a lot of people, and that weighed heavily into my decision–I love getting emails of how these games allows many to stay connected with friends and family while still having fun–but it’s time for me to take a break. As many of you know, NASCAR season is extremely long, and when you’re running multiple games on top of producing a ton of content, it’s extremely draining. I’ve been fully engaged in this stuff for 11 years now… I just need a break. I need the opportunity to see what life is like without my schedule being completely tied down by a sport I love for 11 months out of the year. I know this isn’t the news many of you wanted to hear, but that’s where we’re at now. There’s always a possibility that they come back in 2023.
- Further, I appreciate the community we’ve built here and especially appreciate all of you for coming back year after year and supporting this site. When I started the Slingshot Fantasy Auto Contest, I was hopeful for a few hundred players. We’ve had thousands each year. It’s been extremely a very fun ride so far, and I’m glad to have built the friendships I have with so many of you.
Status of NASCAR Fantasy Content in 2022
- Stacking Dennys Podcast – I have discussed this move with my co-host, RotoDoc, and we still plan on doing a weekly podcast episode in 2022. Obviously situations can change as time goes on, but as of now, Stacking Dennys will continue.
- DraftKings content, Algorithm content, and Betting content – I’m still not 100% sure of what I will all be publishing in 2022 as far as NASCAR Fantasy content goes. My plan right now is to take a major step back and not produce a lot of content. With that being said, the itch could come to start producing content again. We’ll see how the year goes. Right now, though, I know my heart will not be fully in it like it has been in the past, and the result of that would ultimately end up being subpar content. I can’t allow myself to publish subpart content.
- Again, I can’t overstate how appreciative I am of all of you for taking this website to the level that it has gotten to. I would’ve never imagined Fantasy Racing Online would ever put up the numbers that it has done.
- I also never would’ve imagined that there would be so many people that actually read my content, and trust in it. Honestly, it’s wild to think about. Thank you all, and I hope my content has helped you become a better fantasy player and/or bettor, whether you follow my advice or purposely go against it (ha!).
- For Salary Cap Challenge players in 20201: if you still have credit from last season and was hoping to use it this year, send me an email and let me know how you’d like to receive those funds.
- I’ll still be somewhat active in the NASCAR Fantasy world. I’m taking a step back but not leaving entirely. You’ll probably still see me playing DraftKings sometimes, and I’ll continue to be active on Twitter.
Again, thank you all for everything over the years, and I hope you have a great 2022 NASCAR season.
Stay in touch.